The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Taking stock in my restored scientific calculator watches.
09-16-2024, 07:01 PM
Taking stock in my restored scientific calculator watches.
These are my science function watches that have been restored.

All have transendental functions and scientific notation when required.

The two on the far right, National Semiconductor (great name) have brand new LCD panels manufactured in Poland. 95% of these suffer from leaky panels and are circa 1976.

The one on the far left is not really a scientific but a very rare conversion imperial to metric to imperial watch and is new old stock. Had the model and waited for a case to show up, that took 3 years to find!

The Casio LCD with the membrane keypads suffer the same degradation to the keypads as the HP pinch rollers and dampening couples; they rot, turn to go or just disintegrate. So all 4 have newly manufactured replacements.

It is really too bad that CASIO did not create all stainless versions of these with better keyboards, but what was the market?

My 10 HPs did not make this list as they have scientific notation when required but it is not direct entry via keypad and there are no transcendental functions.

Enjoy:

[Image: IMG_4648.jpeg]

HP 41C/CX/CL at work. The rest for playtime!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Taking stock in my restored scientific calculator watches. - Geoff Quickfall - 09-16-2024 07:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)