New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L
09-17-2024, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2024 05:28 PM by Johnp_g.)
RE: New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L
Now I understand the R/P issue a little better I think it's best to leave it alone unless you have a major lightbulb moment!

I tried a version of the SAVAGE benchmark which uses DSE and loop control register to control the number of loops performed and I found i impossible to fathom out how the I register and DSE (or ISG) work. Storing a number in I seems to put that number in Reg 25 and using DSE (or ISG) doesn't touch the number in Reg 25 and seems to do nothing at all. Have Indirect register behaviour and loop control value functions significantly changed, or are they not implemented (yet?)

There also seems to be an issue with starting/stopping a running prog. with R/S, but I'm still testing to make sure I understand the symptoms before describing it.

I'll go now and flash your last version, it's a privilege to be allowed to test this new firmware.

(EDIT, later after flashing the newest version, with more observations of STO(i)/RCL(i))
The latest version (with the Polar annunciator) crashes - locks solid needing the RESET button press - if you try to STO (i) or RCL (i). The previous version actually allowed STO and RCL to (i) but the (i) wasn't a register pointed to by "I" as I expected, and I don't know what the relationship between I and (i) were. Now STO(i) and RCL(i) simply lock up the calculator instead.

I assume from your comments about flash usage that Matrix and Integrate/Solve may not make it? TBH that's no great problem to me, as 99% of my use is with the functionality you've got working now, and especially the wonderful complex mode!

Cheers,

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L - Johnp_g - 09-17-2024 06:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)