New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L
09-18-2024, 09:37 PM
RE: New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L
Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback!

the I and (i) registers are not implemented yet, that's the next task on my list in terms of functionality, sorry about the confusion. There is some hooks in place, namely to enter them from the keyboard, but nothing else. I am planning on implementing them just like in the HP15C, besides some minor differences since we have more registers. From reading the HP15C manual it seems cumbersome to me since the value in register I is split between integer part and fractional part to do different things. If a longtime user of HP calculator has suggestions for a better interface don't hesitate to write it!

Ugh, I'm clearly doing something slightly off in that ->H and ->HMS algorithm, thank you for pointing out the bugs, I'll take another look at it.

The R/S should work fine, but I'm guessing it's interacting in a weird way with the auto shut-off feature. The calculator turns off after 60 seconds of no keypresses, and in theory running a program halts the timer, but there must be a bug and that's what you are seeing with running that program for 60 vs 61 seconds.

DSE/ISG are also not implemented yet.

In terms of what can be added from now on, the next goal is to finish the programmability side of things, namely inderect addressing and DSE/ISG. That might take me a while since it touches so many functions, but I'll keep you posted.

I fixed the bug of the double annunciator in program mode, thanks for pointing it out! I won't upload a new firmware for it since it's minor and I am doing some major surgery on it.

I am hoping that after the program mode is fully done I will have enough room to implement integrate/solve. At the end of the day, they are a program running and computing things, so I should be able to reuse a lot of the functionality that the program mode provides. I don't think that matrix support is going to make it. There is enough RAM left to do things, but writing the interface for the matrix might require too much flash. We'll see...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L - jebedeo - 09-18-2024 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)