New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L
09-18-2024, 10:54 PM
RE: New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L
(09-18-2024 09:37 PM)jebedeo Wrote:  Ugh, I'm clearly doing something slightly off in that ->H and ->HMS algorithm, thank you for pointing out the bugs, I'll take another look at it.

I know that these functions are more difficult to program than they seem. Be prepared to cope with other bugs!

Quote:The R/S should work fine, but I'm guessing it's interacting in a weird way with the auto shut-off feature. The calculator turns off after 60 seconds of no keypresses, and in theory running a program halts the timer, but there must be a bug and that's what you are seeing with running that program for 60 vs 61 seconds.

Strangely, my calculator doesn’t turn off after 60 seconds. Even after 10 minutes it is still on. This was not the case with the previous firmware. (I must admit than 60 second is too short for me).

Quote:I am hoping that after the program mode is fully done I will have enough room to implement integrate/solve. At the end of the day, they are a program running and computing things, so I should be able to reuse a lot of the functionality that the program mode provides. I don't think that matrix support is going to make it. There is enough RAM left to do things, but writing the interface for the matrix might require too much flash. We'll see...

Even without matrix functions, this firmware will stay definitively on my DM-15. For matrix calculations I have better tools than a HP 15C.
In the worst case, integrate and solve can be left as user programs.

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L - Helix - 09-18-2024 10:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)