Updated Android app (v. 2.2) to be paid?!
10-09-2024, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2024 05:59 AM by goetz.)
RE: Updated Android app (v. 2.2) to be paid?!
It does not seem to be about the Android version. The old app runs fine on the latest Android version (Android 14) and has also been showing up in the Play Store (at least for my Google Pixel series phone) for a year or more. I guess it is only not available for certain phones from other manufacturers.

I am not sure whether I like this "pay again for an updated version" policy Moravia decided to implement here. It would have made sense if the app had been overhauled and some quirks had been removed, and extended UI like zooming of the calculator display. However, it seems it is just like the old app, but with a more recent firmware. Maybe it will receive more updates in the future and is just the first attempt to get it published for later updates?

From a few minutes of testing the new app has shown unstable behaviour and force quits on like simple python commands and even for things that were working before, including syntax check for some programs I imported from the old version. That made me stay away for the moment, don't want to pay this amount of money for something that works worse for me than before. But maybe in the future it will be improved?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated Android app (v. 2.2) to be paid?! - goetz - 10-09-2024 05:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)