Accuracy of financial calculators 17BII, 19BII, and 30b
10-21-2014, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 10:12 PM by Jeff_Kearns.)
RE: Accuracy of financial calculators 17BII, 19BII, and 30b
(10-21-2014 09:39 PM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  Have you considered to port your routine to the WP 34S (or its emulator) and let it run in double precision mode?

Hi Marcus,

I originally bought the 30B with the intention of converting it (re-purposing it) to a WP 34S and never got around to it. I think I should go that route, or at least buy another one to do so, because I really do not like the user interface of the 30B with its 4-level RPL stack and non-intuitive menus. Since I already own a 12C, 17BII, and 19BII, all of which I like and find easy to use, I have absolutely no need for a 30B as an engineer. I did however affix the plastic adhesive overlay that came with the 30B user's guide so maybe I should get another cheap 30B to re-purpose as the new keyboard overlay won't likely adhere very well on the old one. I haven't gained much familiarity with the emulator yet and should investigate that and try porting the TVM routine and the CDN mortgage rate factor equation: I=100x((1+i/200)^(1-6)-1) to see what it gives as a result. But does the 34S have an algebraic equation feature like the 32sii/33s/35s? Otherwise, it will have to be another program.

In the meantime, I am hoping someone (maybe Gene?) can let me know what the 'correct' answer is to 13 significant digits. I am still trying to figure out which model is the most accurate.

Cheers,

Jeff K
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Accuracy of financial calculators 17BII, 19BII, and 30b - Jeff_Kearns - 10-21-2014 09:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)