35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing?
10-30-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: 35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing?
(10-30-2014 08:00 PM)Ron Ross Wrote:  Another calculator for consideration is the Hp Prime. ... However while it does have an RPN mode, in RPN mode it is not nearly as versatile, in fact it almost seems crippled even though they put a wide enter key midway up, so it pretends to look like a legitimate RPN machine.

I have been considering the HP Prime. I admit falling right away for the big wide Enter key, which is in the right place – for me. Then, I read about its various shortcomings and my enthusiasm for it waned.

The best thing the 50g has going for it is its speed, which blows away my 48GX. I'm not excited about its keyboard or its layout though. The one mushy key was a disappointment that I decided I couldn't tolerate.

I'm still undecided but the WP 34s seems worth getting excited over. For now.

Everything is a compromise... sigh.

The 35s struck the right balance for my daughter's needs, and I may end up getting another if I can't fix hers. I just know I'm going to wind up with a drawer full of calculators. Why should I be any different?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing? - John Galt - 10-30-2014 08:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)