My WP-34S : USB to Serial cable prototype
01-23-2015, 07:57 AM
RE: My WP-34S : USB to Serial cable prototype
(04-11-2014 01:03 PM)jebem Wrote:  8.5) USB interface
- One USB-to-Serial TTL adapter based on PL2303HX;

John brought to my attention that not every single Prolific PL2303HX USB-to-Serail TTL adapters manufactured in China are following the same cabling wiring color schema.

Usually they take the Green for TXD, and White for RXD (on the Prolific PL2303HX side of course), but some other Chinese manufacturers don't follow it.

Thank you John!

So I have updated my diagram from the OP by removing the wires color references.

Please follow the diagram labeling instead (this has not changed from my original diagram):
- Prolific PL2303HX "TXD" goes to "RXD" in the calculator;
- Prolific PL2303HX "RXD" goes to "TXD" in the calculator;

If you have a copy of the old version of that diagram, please be aware of these Prolific PL2303HX adapter variants.
I have a bunch of these adapters, all acquired from China thru eBay from two different suppliers, and all use the initial color schema.
Live and learn.

[Image: Prolific%2BUSB-to-Serial%2BComm%2B%2Btop.JPG] [Image: Prolific%2BUSB-to-Serial%2BComm%2Bbottom.JPG]

[Image: Prolific%2BUSB-to-Serial%2BComm%2BPort%2BWindows7.jpg] [Image: Window7%2BDevice%2BManager.jpg]

[Image: Windows7%2BDevice%2BManager%2Bdetails.jpg][Image: windows%2B7%2BDevice%2BManager%2Bdetails%2Bmore.jpg]

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My WP-34S : USB to Serial cable prototype - jebem - 01-23-2015 07:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)