HP Prime: The Logic of Purchasing
04-01-2015, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 06:59 PM by Han.)
RE: HP Prime: The Logic of Purchasing
Apple, a company well known for its simplistic yet well polished interfaces, and with much more spending power, still managed to bungle their iPhone 4:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/apple...olding-th/

This is a company with plenty of money, on their 4th generation of hardware, with a much larger group of engineers, designers, programmers, etc. and yet they blame the user for what is essentially a flaw in their phone. (You can also find similar issues with later generation phones such as "bendgate" with the iPhone 6).

And what has come about of it? Pretty much nothing. They're still a top notch company with plenty of consumers willing to overspend on prettied-up hardware (I must admit, though, that their OS X and iOS have very good interfaces). The world goes on. Why? Because eventually the later revisions will push out the previous ones. The way products are "updated" these days enables businesses to push their products out early. And consumers are clearly ok with that because many of them understand that there will generally be free fixes in the near future. And in the worse case, they can send their products in for replacement.

That's just a fact of how businesses work these days. (Let's also keep in mind that the developers are a very different group from management) I don't like it myself, but it is what it is. As a consumer, we can either wait or become an early adopter.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime: The Logic of Purchasing - Han - 04-01-2015 06:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)