The HP 34E Ir with PANAMATIK ACT
09-25-2015, 07:58 AM
RE: The HP 34E Ir with PANAMATIK ACT
(09-24-2015 11:42 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Harald, this is the best HP-34E ever produced. Congratulations! The position of the LED is very clever and looks very nice, and you can use the charger plug. Good idea! I will withdraw my recommendation for the middle position in the next manual version.
Thank you! I am not sure if I'd remove the recomandation. I would probably add a second option.
Being able to use the charger is a questionable advantage, as most likely it is the reason the calculator needed an ACT replacement.
And also installing the diode this way is more difficult. The hole for it has to be drilled at an angle because of its position in the slanted part of the calculator. Not everyone might feel comfortable with this.

(09-24-2015 11:42 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  If contacting VCC first, the ACT will not be damaged, but appears to be damaged, because it never enters the boot loader.

Well, while the ACT wasn't physically damaged, on mine I managed to erase the bootloader by not having the order of the connections right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The HP 34E Ir with PANAMATIK ACT - Harald - 09-23-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: The HP 34E Ir with PANAMATIK ACT - Harald - 09-25-2015 07:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)