Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc
03-27-2016, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2016 03:09 PM by HP67.)
RE: Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc
(03-26-2016 10:25 PM)BASICProgrammer Wrote:  Hello, everyone. This is my first thread and I wanted to hear some advice and opinions of everyone on the forums. My main objective here is to get a portable pda of sorts that can do some form of scripting or programming.

Most of the old Palms are cheap now and there is quite a selection in the way of languages available. There is C, M68K assembly, ARM assembly (for the Tungsten models), FORTH ($$), LISP, Java. I believe there is also Lua. There was good developer support for these devices and at one time there was a lot of code around. I'm not sure how easy it will be to find now though.

But, since this is an HP forum we would be remiss if we didn't suggest an HP 50g. You can program the 50g in HP's RPL (two variants- user and system), Saturn assembly (an assembly language for the proprietary CPU in HP's previous range of calcs including the beloved HP48), ARM assembly (since the HP 50g is implemented in ARM running Saturn emulation) and C. There might be more. It's cheap on scamazon and good prices can sometimes be had on the bay also.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc - HP67 - 03-27-2016 03:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)