Accurate Normal Distribution for the HP67/97
03-22-2017, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2017 11:47 PM by Dieter.)
RE: Accurate Normal Distribution for the HP67/97
(03-22-2017 10:13 PM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  Users of RPN-67 and 97 simulators may download the program and data card here. (Scroll down to the Math section.)

I see that you included both sets of coefficients discussed earlier in this thread. Please note that also two other values that have to be changed! Switching to the optimized coefficient set also has to change the constants 5 and 1,38 that are hardcoded in the program, cf. line 27 resp. 33ff. Please read my comments on the three (!) required changes in post #5 of this thread.

To be more clear: the program version you use will only work with the original, first set of coefficients. Using the alternate set with this program will result in reduced accuracy!

I'd suggest you *only* use the modified coefficient set *and* change the mentioned two constants in the program to their modified values 4,679 resp. 1,422. This will require 226 program steps, so two steps have to be saved. This can be accomplished without significant disadvantages by rounding the constants to 4,68 and 1,42.

(Of course you can also move these constants to register A and B on the data card and replace the respective program steps with RCL A resp. RCL B. ;-))

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Accurate Normal Distribution for the HP67/97 - Dieter - 03-22-2017 11:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)