41-CX's "ED" gets a facelift
08-04-2017, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 05:45 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: 41-CX's "ED" gets a facelift
(08-04-2017 01:40 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 10:28 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  As to how to get it in your system, well whatever you use needs to support OS changes. This is easy on V41, just replacing the ROM file for the bank-switched XFNS in page #5. It's also possible on the real-life CL performing an OS update.

41CL Question?

Since 41CL board need a full-nut to work and that only the display driver of the half-nut are able to display lower cases, even if I patch the page 5 ROM, how can this work ?
If I change the display of a full-nut with one from a half-nut will work ?

To the first part of the question - Fullnuts can show many special characters that are not supported by ED -for example: &, #, (, ), greek-mu, little men, [, ], ; ... All these are displayed on the CL as well, so patching ROM5B is beneficial in any case.

The lower-case chars after "e" will be shown as starbursts - as the LCD cannot handle them. So for the CL patching ROM2 is a superfluous (but not harmful) action.

The second part of your question is for Monte to answer; I'd assume however there's more than just the LCD unit to the story, possibly the LCD controllers are different and the halfnut's LCD won't communicate well with the CL board?
But I don't really know!

Cheers,
ÁM

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41-CX's "ED" gets a facelift - Ángel Martin - 08-04-2017 02:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)