Cheapest Scientific Calculator?
02-02-2018, 04:32 PM
RE: Cheapest Scientific Calculator?
(02-02-2018 01:55 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  When I press 2nd STAT (the red ON/C key), the STAT indicator comes on in the upper right corner of the display and the ), X->M, RM and M+ keys are redefined. Doesn't it come on for you? I bought both calculators (the one I'm using and the one I bought for you) at the same store although a few months apart.

No, on mine it simply acts like the [ON/C] key was pressed (i.e. it does a Clear). Which is a little odd because the [2nd-F] key definitely is recognized (annunciator comes on) and the shift function works properly with all other keys I've tried.

So, while the feature set is remarkable for a $1 calculator, the quality is about as expected for a $1 calculator.

Another interesting thing is on the back of the package (cardboard sheet with clear bubble on the front) it lists:

Battery Manufacture Date: 06 June 2017
Battery Best by Date: 102018

I don't believe I've seen an actual battery mfr. date on any piece of electronics I've purchased before. One would not expect this on such a low cost product, as they often sit in warehouses for years, and this date right on the pkg. would show the item is no longer "best" by that time (assuming anyone would actually read it).

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cheapest Scientific Calculator? - rprosperi - 02-02-2018 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)