Goose Chase - $20 by paypal to the first one who finds and posts here...
02-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Goose Chase - $20 by paypal to the first one who finds and posts here...
This has bugged me for a while now and every now and then I go searching for this and haven't been able to find it, so I ask for help and will send $20 by paypal to the first person who posts the reference in this thread containing the answer.

I changed my typing habits to put one space after a period rather than two because of something I read in an issue of PPC Journal. For the longest time, I thought the comment had been made by Richard Nelson, but he denies it. It may therefore have been made by someone else in the journal, but I KNOW :-) it was made in a journal.

As I remember it, the statement made was that using one space rather than two when typing would allow for more (albeit relative small amount of) content on each page since a space is wasted if you put two spaces after a period. I understand the arguments for / against doing this, but that's not my concern here. Where is this comment in the PPC world?

The comment ended (I think) with this question and answer: How do you change your habit from putting two spaces after a period to only putting one space? Practice!

Where do I think this is? I am reasonably sure this is in a PPC Journal from 1980 to 1985 or so. I know that's a lot of material, but that's the best I can do. I **had** thought it was in 1982-1983, but I have not found it yet.

Can anyone help put this nagging thought to rest for me? I have a hot (virtual) $20 waiting to be claimed. :-)

Help!

Winner will be the first one who posts into this thread the Volume, issue number and page upon which that comment can be found... such as V10N2P14 if that is where it was found.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Goose Chase - $20 by paypal to the first one who finds and posts here... - Gene - 02-14-2018 08:37 PM
Again? Or still? - striegel - 02-14-2018, 08:50 PM
One space between sentences - striegel - 02-14-2018, 09:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)