Looking for Grapevine Publications books on HP 48
02-25-2018, 08:41 PM
RE: Looking for Grapevine Publications books on HP 48
(02-25-2018 04:22 PM)pier4r Wrote:  @Massimo. You know well that if one tries to collect historical documents about a topic, one should not ignore part of the topic. (Should. It means that if one really wants to, one could do it. The collection would be less complete though)

Also aside from RPL, what is interesting in some books, even if they use a casio or a ti (I know, you are shivering) , is the main topic. In this case algebra, calculus and what not.

If It would be "how to use the 48G", it would be valuable, but I could understand the "who cares about RPL" from your side.
But ignoring also the math part, why? At the end if one ignores the math part can almost ignore the calculators as well, as they are designed for math operations. (disclaimer: in this case I am presuming that a person that likes calculators due to their appearance disregarding their functionality, is very rare)

Last but not least, I know that from your link in the sign, you may not own a 49-50 series, but I am pretty sure you (a) own several 48 and (b) you even want to try newRPL. So your RPL disdain should be less intense as it appears.

Gee, you know what a smiley and wink, wink, nudge, nudge mean, do you?

Once more, as if we needed another proof, you show how much you presume and how little you know (about me, at least).

Whence you derive the idea that I do not own a 49-50 series? Rest assured that I own at least one specimen of every HP handheld calculator they ever marketed, even if I didn't participate in your poll.
And, as you pointed out, I even bought a couple machines just to try newRPL.

Am I entitled to dislike RPL? I think I am. Are you entitled to dislike my posts about it? Of course you are.

I tried to like it, I really tried. At first when I got a 28S in '98 as a substitute for my aging 41C: I studied the manuals, printed and read docs about User and SysRPL but no, I simply couldn't swallow it.

Remember: I don't like RPL, not the person I am replying to.
Also, from time to time, we like to have fun at each other about personal preferences on calculators. No offence meant, no offence taken (usually).

Oh, and about Grapevine's publications: the greater part of them were about "An easy course to..." so more a kind of how to use manual than a mathematical essay.

However, since it seems we experience some difficulties in communication, I will simply refrain from answering to your posts, from now on.

Be well.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Grapevine Publications books on HP 48 - Massimo Gnerucci - 02-25-2018 08:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)