Arduino Board as HP-IL device?
04-07-2014, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2014 03:54 PM by J-F Garnier.)
RE: Arduino Board as HP-IL device?
(04-06-2014 10:02 AM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  
Quote:For full HP-IL capability (including HP-IL controller capability), the PIL-IO must be equiped with the firmware of the PIL-Box, so still using UART link instead of USB.
It's not clear to me how much effort that would be, and if this is straightforward or rather a difficult job. What do you think?

Well, installing the PIL-Box firmware on the PIL-IO just means plug the existing PIL-Box uC on the PIL-IO board. Or, if you prefer, remove (or disconnect ) the USB module from the PIL-Box and add a connector for the serial lines and the supply. So almost no effort:-)

Quote:I just noticed that at least the D2XX variant of the FTDI drivers are available for Raspberry PI...
I think that the Raspberry PI is using Linux (I don't know much about it), if so the FTDI VCP driver for Linux can probably be used.

Regarding the connection to the Raspberry: I just had a quick look, and it seems that there is no UART-type serial link nor RS232. Just USB. In that case you need the standard PIL-Box with USB.

J-F
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arduino Board as HP-IL device? - J-F Garnier - 04-07-2014 03:50 PM
RE: Arduino Board as HP-IL device? - BobVA - 04-09-2014, 08:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)