Android Pro app resets completely
03-03-2018, 08:56 PM
Android Pro app resets completely
Curious if anyone has experienced similar issues with their Android Pro app:
1. User apps disappear for no reason
2. Calculator settings are completely reset for no reason
3. Other similar loss of data/settings?

I have tried to reproduce the issue consistently, but with no success yet. Most of the time I will use the hardware calculator, but occasionally I only have the Android with me (Pixel 2, Android 8.1), only to find that the user apps I installed on there are gone and all the settings are back to factory defaults. This has happened about 3 or 4 times in the past two months, only on the Pixel 2. On another Android Device, Samsung Tab E (Android 7.1.1) I haven't had any issues.

Other observations:

1. Updates
When the Android app was recently updated, I checked and was surprised that all the settings and user apps were unaffected after the update, so I certainly can't pin this to an update issue, and I know I haven't purposely reset the calculator.

2. Resets
A Reset from the menu Calculator>Reset clears all user apps, but that is expected. A Reset also leaves the Serial number intact, and the app will re-connect to the Connectivity Kit automatically. During the loss of memory situations, I have seen the Serial number changed, and I'll have to go and choose "HP_Classroom" before I am able to connect to the Connectivity Kit again.

Interestingly, as I was typing this post and playing around with the Pixel 2, it happened again, serial number changed, everything reset. Attempting to reproduce is not yielding any results however.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Android Pro app resets completely - Jacob Wall - 03-03-2018 08:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)