Android Pro app resets completely
03-04-2018, 09:09 PM
RE: Android Pro app resets completely
Just out of curiosity, I tried clearing the cache again, and all my installed Prime apps and variables are still there. While I tried that successfully a couple of times before, unfortunately it does not work and does not seem related to clearing the cache. Please disregard my notes about that above. Sad

I remember the same issue with the HP Prime Pro application when I first bought the app in August 2016 and the android device was on Android 7.0 (or was it 7.1?). In 2016 (or 2017 (?)) an update for HP Prime Pro appeared on the Play store stating that it solved the problem and indeed it did. Strange Smile

Those advices with a factory reset after the update probably refer mainly to 3rd party Android versions and also mostly relate to cases that can be fixed by deleting chache and/or some of the settings only. That is also one reason that I stick to stock Android on Nexus/Pixel devices, so I don't have to bother with such things and drastic procedures.

Luckily, the workaround with the local Backup within the Prime Pro up still works nicely. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android Pro app resets completely - goetz - 03-04-2018 09:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)