Scientific RPN Calculator (with ATTINY85)
03-18-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: Scientific RPN Calculator (with ATTINY85)
Hi Pauli!

First my compiler demanded
Code:
static void (*dispatch[])(void)
instead of
Code:
static void (*dispatch)(void)[]
but then it compiled.

I replaced the big if/ifelse-loop (from ADD to ATANH) with a function pointer array but unfortunately this costs me approximately 590 bytes more. So it seems that the function pointer array is even "more hungry" than the switch/case solution.

After remaining with the if/ifelse-loop and some bug repairs after testing I ended with 8168 bytes of code. That is really amazing with this much more functionality than version 1.

So far I added the gamma function (250 bytes), the saving state solution, the saving constants solution and finally the amazing "Type Recorder" programming function.
I kept the Gauss PDF and CDF function (the latter is rather unique for pocket calculators).
I abandoned the ROTup (= 3x ROTdown) and annuity function (can be recorded with the Type Recorder) and I did not implement conversion functions (can be recorded too - like the P->R and R->P functions - or can be solved with the help of saved conversion constants).

I think version 2 is ready now. Right now I uploaded a video to youtube and I have to renew the documentation at github and publish a post at hpmuseum next week.

Thanks for facilitating this.
deetee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientific RPN Calculator (with ATTINY85) - deetee - 03-18-2018 10:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)