Found these inside a non-working 71B
03-17-2018, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2018 01:46 AM by MikeSD.)
RE: Found these inside a non-working 71B
Shoot me a pic of the mod. I'll check try it when I get this system working.

Not a good day today. I can't seem to get the FORTH ASSEMBLER working. As soon as it's connected, everything shuts down. No display.

I'm going to go back and look at everything tomorrow, for shorts or breaks. Or forgotten wires. Nothing buzzed wrong. Everything looks ok, but the system dies, if it's connected. I have pics of everything as I got it. And the hookup is pretty straight forward. I must have forgotten something.

I'm only using, for the moment, pins 1-7 and pin 8 from the RAM, for Daisy In. I also have the ground pin connected. I'm leaving off the Daisy Out to the HPIL for time being. That's how it was when I got it, best I can tell.

I'm also going to look for any potential breaks on the FORTH board.

Tomorrow's another day. Everything working fine now, but the FORTH. Will suck if that's the one chip not working. Wink So far, everything has been caused by broken wires, and operator error (me).

I may put the FORTH alone, back in my test 71B and see if it works there. Also might just hook it up to one of the ports and see if it works there.

[Image: FORTH_Locx.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What's U10? - Dave Frederickson - 03-15-2018, 03:43 PM
RE: Found these inside a non-working 71B - MikeSD - 03-17-2018 01:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)