Names of the HP48g, HP49G and HP49g+/HP50g case designers
01-04-2020, 09:50 PM
RE: Names of the HP48g, HP49G and HP49g+/HP50g case designers
Welcome Mike! Thanks for your intro and your generous offer, which before long you may regret a bit...

So I'll start with an easy question.

After having used blue and yellow for shift-key colors and associated labels for so long, why did the 48GX shift to the green/purple (aka aqua/magenta, as well as some other less... complimentary names) color scheme? It has been widely reported that this was a "marketing decision" and while that's easy to believe, I'm more curious why these specific colors were selected.

I'll also add my kudos for an amazingly comfortable, ergonomically satisfying industrial design on the 48 models. These are easily the most comfortable machines (of this class/size) I've ever used; the doors are easily removed yet never lost, the feet are secure and have never fallen out, yet also can be readily removed if needed. In short, an utterly satisfying user experience.

I have some 48SX machines with transplanted black LCDs, which IMHO are the best looking HP machines of all time. Something you can and should be proud of. Thanks for that! Smile

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Names of the HP48g, HP49G and HP49g+/HP50g case designers - rprosperi - 01-04-2020 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)