[HP-41] Today is Clonix-41's X Anniversary... :-)
12-15-2013, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2013 04:26 PM by bhtooefr.)
RE: [HP-41] Today is Clonix-41's X Anniversary... :-)
Here's a rather extensive feature request, given that your modules have a microcontroller in them...

Use a USB-capable MCU, and maybe add in HP-IL/PIL-Box emulation. That way, one module can do it all, ROM, RAM, and file transfer, without any additional hardware other than a Micro-USB cable. And then you've also got access to power the calc over USB, I think.

If one module could do all that, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I think it'd be a great way to quickly get a 41CX to full capability without having to buy a bunch of accessories, and it could be far more compact than the HP-IL module (meaning it fits in the small case, not needing the case for the card reader).

And, I wonder how one of the MSP430s with FRAM would do in that application, as far as power consumption, although I know you're using PIC now. (Edit: Or not, looks like they don't have USB...)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HP-41] Today is Clonix-41's X Anniversary... :-) - bhtooefr - 12-15-2013 04:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)