Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
05-05-2018, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2018 09:14 PM by dmmaster.)
RE: Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
(05-05-2018 09:05 PM)Vtile Wrote:  
(05-05-2018 05:22 AM)Graham D. Wilson Wrote:  Exactly^^

I would love the Prime to be an open system, but suspect that would invalidate its use in education. I also would love to see the Prime turned into an RPL machine. The Prime's internal software system is nowhere near as elegant as the 48/49/50 series recursive stack/object design.

The Prime is HP's most powerful calculator. My Prime Home screen is permanently on RPN and I love being able to use the Prime's RPN interface for exploration, just as Bill Wickes described this power of RPN when he introduced the HP28S in his book.
The Prime's keyboard layout is simple and elegant, and reminds me of the 28S, which I really like. But the software interface is inelegant and cludgy: e.g. I'm amazed that after five years the Prime's soft keys aren't yet customisable. Why not?
There is no [1/X] on Primes keyboard it should be enough for a proof. Smile

What I have been wondering is that why it was not made in the way that it would have been delivered with two "memory boards" one for the educational phase with "lights for the exam mode and burned in ROM environment" and another board with more of the 48 mentality of do it all.

Still it doesn't have inverse key... no use.

I like it though, it is better in mechanical sense (from pictures) than what the 50g is and also the size of the unit is one step to the right direction .... smaller.

Do you think that the keyboard is still today important?
It depends. If it is for school, it should be a bit "toy", for kids, for having fun, playing games on it,...

Thank you for your post.

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)