Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
05-06-2018, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2018 08:07 PM by Vtile.)
RE: Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
(05-06-2018 01:31 PM)dmmaster Wrote:  
(05-06-2018 12:51 PM)pier4r Wrote:  As every populated social network, quora has a lot of low level discussions but sometimes a gem drops here and there. Unfortunately it had a lot more potential that was wasted due to the new policies and not so regulated user base.

Said that, it is unlikely that quoting one user makes up for an authoritative answer. Once again a crack in the argument.

Maybe. It is a bit like yahoo forums, facebook, or youtube... There should be more moderation on these networks/webpages. Quora may sometime be actually quite helpful. It may give some information about very various things, without being to complex.

The best would be to have a list of features, sort of database of all functions and functionalities of the graphical HP calcs (48sx,...48gx,... until the last one: Prime). A bit like does TI at the back of products.

[Image: Calculator-Comparison-Chart-ce.jpg]

This would take too much time for HP since there are really a lot of things to list.

I kind of find the TI-83+ listing amusing since it were the calculator got me through my A-levels (CAS monsters are allowed today, lucky bastards), which I recall did contain geometry .. a lot of it.

Then it got me through my UAS degree, which again did have all things not suitable for it. I were too cheap to get the 50g, so I just did lust friends CAS monsters back then. For the 2nd tour in academic world I did get the 50g, wish I had it before, would have saved some nerves in differential and many other courses. Well maybe it is a good thing I did have unsuitable calculator back then it did force me to learn how to do it with "four banger" as I used it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer! - Vtile - 05-06-2018 08:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)