Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
05-09-2018, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2018 10:53 PM by Vtile.)
RE: Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
(05-09-2018 07:38 PM)Luigi Vampa Wrote:  I have seldom (if ever) used to lean on HP48/49/50 equations' libraries. Although they are an impressive collection, I have always felt most of them don't dive deep enough in the subject at hand. I prefer to know the core equations and constants. For me they are simply nice to have, especially when you happen to need some 'collateral knowledge'... seldom in my case. Besides, I prefer to write my own 'ad hoc' programs.
It is all up to which tool you enjoy the most; but the production of human endorphins is really a subjective matter.

Yes, the build in equation library (is it btw HPs or some community members work, as it seems like some features (many) did come from outside HP, but were later on added to the evaluation models of 28/48 family). ...where I was... Yes the build in library is too broad and too general, man if it would have had a build in equation library manager.. Like the Tim Wesmans? PEQUM or some more advanced ones. That would have been a killer.

What is told about the "quality" of maths I can partially agree, most of the decline (note, local exposure) is the deep understanding of the core principles and the quality how they are put down to the book. Obviously in times when the calculator were worth of engineers month or two salary (constant for low-end high-tech equipment) the core knowledge of number manipulation were much more important. Now you can just press the SQRT button of the calculator, not in the 1960s for most.

In the end higher end math is just a pattern recognition. A modular system, where high houses are build from the modest bricks and mortar.

https://youtu.be/EKWGGDXe5MA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer! - Vtile - 05-09-2018 10:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)