Need advice from Engineers who are also TI users
06-05-2018, 04:17 PM
RE: Need advice from Engineers who are also TI users
(06-05-2018 02:05 PM)Ask Mait Wrote:  2) Casios - They have been my buddies since 1983, no complaint with keyboard, I can key in a lengthy equation without looking at the screen, they have maximum number of math. operatior buttons....but do not save the work before auto power-off, I lose my work if I attend a phone or reply to an email in between. Also, they are light weight and don't come with non-slip rubber pad. These are great to carry in a hip pocket and used handheld on sites but not as stable on a desk with one hand operation. Sorry Casio but I will have to let you go after 3-1/2 decades of sincere service.

If you are going for the size of the ti 80 series (81, 82, etc..) then the 9860G or 9860GII series would work too and they save the state at poweroff. Same for fx-CG series and 9850 / 9750 series.

For the TI. I guess if ordinary math is needed (I am not sure about units, neither for TI nor Casio), then the 82, 83, 84, 86 should be enough. The 89 has everything and then some in terms of solutions developed by the community.

The nspire is unknown to me, I got a model but I find it clumsy to use without Ti software.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need advice from Engineers who are also TI users - pier4r - 06-05-2018 04:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)