Saturn family calculator performance
07-06-2018, 06:38 AM
RE: Saturn family calculator performance
Hello,

On the first day, they was nothing... And the developer found it hard...

On the 2nd day, HP used LOTS of money to create the debuger boxes. They would connect to the saturn CPU bus and to unixes servers, and be very slow and hard to use... And the developer found that it was better than nothing!

On the 3rd day,new developers came in, and thought that it was crap. After convincing management, they were told to learn how to program in C and use emu48 to "do something about it". And the result was better than the debuger boxes, a lot cheaper, and could be copied to each developer's PC, and did not need unix.

On the 4th day, the developer thought that MCF development was crap and that Delphi was much better. So he created debug2 (day 3 was debug1 I guess). And showed what could be acheived in 1 day in Delphi in comparison with MFC. And management realised that he was right!

On the 5th, and 6th days (they lasted a while). Debug2 grew and improved, gained numerous features and became wonderfull to use. It got the ability to do native debuging in Sys RPL and other cool features...

On the 7th day, the developer decided to rest, and to give his creation away. And some talented person took it, renamed it to debug 4x (as in 48/49 and the like I guess) and made it it's baby, and loved it, and maintained it for a while, and the developer loved seeing it grow and develop some more!

Cheers,
Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saturn family calculator performance - cyrille de brébisson - 07-06-2018 06:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)