First impressions on Casio FX-5800P
06-09-2014, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 11:43 PM by Manolo Sobrino.)
RE: First impressions on Casio FX-5800P
... and is also a much better calculator overall. 30 years separate both of them and everything has changed: those were the first iPhones, they had to look good. Now they have to be cheap. Despite that, with Casio you usually get things that work and a nice bang for the buck.

The most beautifully crafted calc I've seen from Casio (and maybe the rest) is the tiny FX 78, but I never enjoyed the early algebraic entry system so it rarely comes out of its box.

Marcus, the little information I've seen about it points to something proprietary over I2C. I have no idea really. Finding that you're looking into it is good news Wink

BTW, super-fx used to mean extended trig and fraction range. They've been selling calcs with an occasional SUPER-FX in green italics for more than 20 years. They also use PLUS regularly, now for the restyling of their scientific ones. Casio don't hype really, but they like to put feature names on the faceplate... must be a Japanese thing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First impressions on Casio FX-5800P - Manolo Sobrino - 06-09-2014 11:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)