Absolute value: sometimes CAS is very clever, sometimes not!
09-07-2018, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2018 11:15 AM by jfdHP.)
RE: Absolute value: sometimes CAS is very clever, sometimes not!
Thank you very much for your responses.

TW: In fact in my experience "simple" stuffs are generally solved by HP Prime. Simple problems that are not solved are generally very specific problems. I understand very well the philosophy that these specific problems are not a priority for a CAS.

Please note that even if the example I gave was quite simple, the original problems are in fact much more complicated. I only pinpointed the problematic stage in the calculation. I checked that if we overcome the difficulty by doing the absolute value simplification by hands, HP prime can solve the entire (complicated) physical problem.

toml_12953: There is no bug in the calculator. You still can trust the calculator's answer. The trouble is that there is a set of interesting problems in physic and chemistry where HP cannot help a lot because of the impossibility of simplifying theses absolute values.

parisse: Thanks for the response ; I sent you an email
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Absolute value: sometimes CAS is very clever, sometimes not! - jfdHP - 09-07-2018 09:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)