HP calculator with largest math (stats, logic, etc..) and data structure functions
09-22-2018, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2018 07:38 PM by pier4r.)
RE: HP calculator with largest math (stats, logic, etc..) and data structure functions
checking briefly the 9100 and 9800. The calculator themselves don't have many functions but the various pacs (documentation plus magnetic cards or tapes) have plenty already for the 9100. And that directly from HP, that is the calculator division produced the system and then worked to expand its usability with ready made programs.

The documents (only some of them or all? I don't know) are in the hpmuseum usb stick.

I didn't check other calculator manuals from the moment but if the trends is similar I would expect that the HP calculator with the largest math/data structure function library was the one that was produced for long time, was expandable and was targeted to professionals.

Using the approximative production timelines here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-10327.html (you are welcome to expand it) I would say that the likely candidates are the 9100, 9800, 67/97 (having a desktop calculator for "scientific" business helps), the 41 or the 48. After the 48 then more likely the community took over the effort rather than hp itself.

For example the user library programs for the 67/97, when redacted and supported by HP, for me are like HP contributions.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP calculator with largest math (stats, logic, etc..) and data structure functions - pier4r - 09-22-2018 07:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)