The pseudocode and block diagram as professional programming
10-04-2018, 09:40 AM
RE: The pseudocode and block diagram as professional programming
Hello!

(10-03-2018 06:15 PM)compsystems Wrote:  Flowcode is the perfect flowchart language for platforms such as Arduino. ...

After a dozen or so clicks, they are really quite secretive about finacial issues, I found out that their standard (not professional, not academic) license pack for the Arduino alone costs 360 GBP. Which does not appeal at all to "us" Arduino tinkerers because we are used to paying very little money for the hardware and nothing at all for the software...

But maybe this kind of software can be useful for programming courses for laypeople. Arduinos are used by people like artists to add light, sound and motion to their creation but who often have very little technical background. But I don't really see much advantage in teaching people blocks and pseudocode over C directly.

Myself I have encountered pseudocode only once while I was involved in professional software development. This was created by a muli-platform GUI builder (whose name I have long forgotten) to be compiled by dedicated "pseudo code compilers" for the different target platforms. As the software had it's quirks, this pseudo-code required manual adjustments here and there and therefore needed to be learned and understood to a certain degree.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The pseudocode and block diagram as professional programming - Maximilian Hohmann - 10-04-2018 09:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)