HP-35 for sale - but which version do I have?
04-25-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: HP-35 for sale - but which version do I have?
(04-25-2014 04:06 PM)chancewest Wrote:  That's fantastically useful re: the power supply - I'll give it a try.

If you do try it, it would probably be best if you can clip your power supply leads to the prongs. The on/off switch often gets a little "fiddly", such that you have to slide it back and forth or jiggle it around in the ON position to get it to come on. Might be hard to hold power supply leads onto prongs with two hands whilst doing the required jiggling with your third hand.

Also note the metal strap in the charger plug well, shown in the battery polarity picture provided previously. If the calculator has ever been opened, this piece might have gone missing. In that case the battery prongs can no longer be used to power the calculator as that strap connects the outer two pins and is part of the circuit from the battery prongs to the calculator internals. You can power the calculator by applying the correct voltage to the correct two pins in the connector well. I believe it is positive to the left pin in the picture and negative to the middle pin, but am not 100% sure.

(04-25-2014 04:06 PM)chancewest Wrote:  Unfortunately I'm moving house so the HP-35 has been all packed up, but I'll be back, MoHPC!

Take your time, we'll probably still be here when you get back.

Dave - My mind is going - I can feel it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-35 for sale - but which version do I have? - Jeff O. - 04-25-2014 04:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)