GROBW/GROBH vs GROBW_P/GROBH_P
10-11-2018, 06:34 PM
RE: GROBW/GROBH vs GROBW_P/GROBH_P
(10-11-2018 01:27 PM)sasa Wrote:  Several problems I noticed in your program:

1. You changing global settings and not return previous. That force other programmers to return default or its own settings in order to ensure his program to work correctly.
2. The line contains "Ymin=-.85; Ymax=1;" which do nothing in Pascal and here with PPL - it compare content only (usage := )... Usual bug for all people to mix assign and compare signs comes from c-like programming languages to Pascal and vice versa.
3. Step of 0.01 is quite optimistic. It should be calculated regarding the length. Then will be drawn much more accurately and with minimum steps... Anyway, that is not important much on this small screen.

Not an issue at all to make corrections, on desktop programming that is only way.

You missed the whole point of my message! I wasn't giving a course in programming but just an example of using Cartesian coordinates as opposed to pixel addressing. I typed it in fast so I missed the colons but that's not the point, either. The missing colons, the step value and local vs global variables have nothing to do with my point. I was replying to your statement "Thank you for your respond. I understand these functions are for Cartesian plane - the screen coordinate system have top left corner defined as (0,0) (a relict from early CRT time), while in Cartesian plane (0,0) is the center..." If you were thinking that Cartesian coordinates made (0,0) be in the center of the screen, then I wanted to show that on the Prime Cartesian coordinates can be anything you want. (0,0) doesn't have to be in the center of the screen. THAT was my point.

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
GROBW/GROBH vs GROBW_P/GROBH_P - sasa - 10-10-2018, 11:27 PM
RE: GROBW/GROBH vs GROBW_P/GROBH_P - sasa - 10-11-2018, 02:34 AM
RE: GROBW/GROBH vs GROBW_P/GROBH_P - sasa - 10-11-2018, 01:27 PM
RE: GROBW/GROBH vs GROBW_P/GROBH_P - toml_12953 - 10-11-2018 06:34 PM
RE: GROBW/GROBH vs GROBW_P/GROBH_P - sasa - 10-11-2018, 07:34 PM
RE: GROBW/GROBH vs GROBW_P/GROBH_P - sasa - 10-11-2018, 12:52 PM
RE: GROBW/GROBH vs GROBW_P/GROBH_P - sasa - 10-12-2018, 06:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)