HP-71B and PILBox - How to transfer Program
10-13-2018, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2018 12:30 AM by Sylvain Cote.)
RE: HP-71B and PILBox - How to transfer Program
(10-12-2018 09:23 AM)Harald Wrote:  So it was easy to get a Program from the 71B to the PC. Now I would like to do the oposite. I have a listing of a program on the PC and I would like to transfer that to the 71B. How do I go about that?
You will need EMU71.EXE, ASC71MAC.EXE and ILPER.EXE to do it, available here: Emu71 and Virtual-IL
  1. Download & install ...
  2. Type your macro or program to a plain text file, like this DEMO.TXT
    Code:
    edit
    purge
    10 for i=0 to 10
    20 disp i
    30 next i
    rename to "DEMO"
    run
  3. From the command line, convert your text file to a emu71 macro with the following command:
    Code:
    ASC71MAC.EXE <DEMO.TXT >DEMO.MAC
  4. Run EMU71.EXE and press ON button (if needed)
  5. Play Macro in Emu71
    • From the menu select: Tools -> Macros -> Play...
    • In the open dialog box, select your file (here DEMO.MAC) and press the OPEN button
    • You should see your macro being executed
  6. Save Emu71 program to a LIF file ( I am cutting some corners here)
    • Setup EMU71 HP-IL to use TCP/IP with the following parameters [host: localhost] [Out port: 60001] [In port: 60000]
    • Run ILPER.EXE
    • Setup ILPER HP-IL to use TCP/IP with the following parameters [host: localhost] [Out port: 60000] [In port: 60001]
    • On ILPER press the START BUTTON
    • Activate HP-IL link, on Emu71 type: RESTORE IO [ENDLINE]
    • Format virtual floppy, on Emu71 type: INITIALIZE :MASSMEM [ENDLINE] (a HP9114B.DAT file will be created)
    • Copy demo program to virtual floppy, on Emu71 type: COPY "DEMO" to :MASSMEM [ENDLINE]
    • List virtual floppy content, on Emu71 type: CAT :MASSMEM [ENDLINE]
et voila! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-71B and PILBox - How to transfer Program - Sylvain Cote - 10-13-2018 12:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)