How to do quick calculations for single-variable expression for complex-valued input?
11-12-2018, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2018 08:41 PM by rushfan.)
How to do quick calculations for single-variable expression for complex-valued input?
In my casio scientific calculator, when I'm in complex mode, I can make an expression using the variable x, and then I press the "Calc" button and it will replace x by an input, which can be complex.

In the HP Prime, is there any way where I can quickly calculate the value of a single-variable expression for a complex valued input?

The numeric app, both the function and the advanced functions, set to "BuildYourOwn", does not accept complex-valued inputs.

Despite the alleged purpose of the Home mode, which is to do numeric calculations, there is no way to quickly and conveniently evaluate a single-variable expression at a complex-valued input.

Casio Example, complex mode, 2 button presses to evaluate expression:
1. type x^2+1
2. press "Calc"
3. type 2i
4. press "="
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to do quick calculations for single-variable expression for complex-valued input? - rushfan - 11-12-2018 08:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)