[43S] Just to have it on the new forum, too
12-19-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: [43S] Just to have it on the new forum, too
(12-19-2013 03:33 PM)walter b Wrote:  
  • Complex unit would move from J to Z.

I actually think that is at least as appropriate as associating it with J. After all, Z is used to designate a complex number in general mathematical notation, whereas J only designates the imaginary component of a complex number in the electrical engineering discipline.

(12-19-2013 03:33 PM)walter b Wrote:  
  • Since COMPLX should travel with [i], it would separate TEST and FLAGS from the other programming operations - please see the yellow frame in the picture of my OP. To repair that, TEST and FLAGS must be moved, too. Also PARTS would stand a bit isolated so it should move elsewhere as well. Please try to setup a new 'program operations center' next to [R/S] - I frankly admit lacking motivation.

Well, I guess I don’t see a strong need to have TEST and FLAGS “connected” to the other programming operations by the P.FCN menu. I don’t think most users would have any trouble finding them without that connection. As for PARTS, forgive me, but I don’t remember exactly what functions will be there. But if you desire a ‘program operations center’ around R/S including those keys and menus in your yellow frame, that will be more difficult with my proposal.

(12-19-2013 03:33 PM)walter b Wrote:  Looking at the last consistent series of RPN calculator models HP made (Pioneers), we find [R/S] bottom right and [<-] at the right end of center row, followed by [E] and [+/-] going left. I like that :-)

Summing up, I'd stay with the layout of the OP until you return (or somebody else appears) with a better offer. Thanks for your understanding. Else feel free to convince me that my choice is wrong.

d:-)

Attempting such convincing would be analogous to trying to convince one who has proclaimed that chocolate is his or her favorite ice cream flavor that vanilla should be, since it is just better. If I go to a party hosted by a chocolate lover, I’d be a poor guest indeed to complain about the lack of vanilla Smile

Dave - My mind is going - I can feel it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [43S] Just to have it on the new forum, too - Jeff O. - 12-19-2013 06:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)