It may be helpful. Consider online backups for your important digital documents
12-16-2018, 06:30 PM
RE: It may be helpful. Consider online backups for your important digital documents
(12-16-2018 05:53 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  Just wondering - What have you done to ensure that your digital life lives on past your death?

That's a good question, and I have to admit that I tend to play the numbers game sometimes a bit too much for comfort.

I have 3 hard drives onto which I store stuff I want to keep. They're all here, so if the house burns down, it's lost. On the other hand, I have no family to whom I can entrust an off-site copy (both parents have passed away and my daughter and her mother are no longer with us either). I can't leave one at work because someone will format it and use it. While you never can tell, I think the probability of the house burning down is lower than that of all three hard drives (plus the one in the PC!) breaking down.

Parallel to this I have two distinct cloud accounts that don't both end up in the same datacentre and are not run ultimately by the same people.

So, for my stuff to be destroyed altogether, it would take the demise of two distinct cloud accounts along with either the house burning down or four hard drives failing.

It's not perfect but it'll do for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: It may be helpful. Consider online backups for your important digital documents - grsbanks - 12-16-2018 06:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)