The lack of handling root functions in hp prime
12-30-2018, 10:25 PM
RE: The lack of handling root functions in hp prime
(12-30-2018 09:40 PM)Komanguy Wrote:  
(12-30-2018 02:51 PM)John P Wrote:  OK. a 15.6 screen with aspect ratio has dims. ~7.6 x 13.6 in. Convertible you can also use in tablet mode so, you have writing space very close to that of the legal paper format 14 x 8.5 in. and that beats your 20.25 in. paper notebook in many aspects with hands down. As an extra in tablet mode you can scale up or down your handwriting, easily insert some pictures, notes etc., etc. To mention just a few of the negative aspects of your very large paper notebooks: you do not have to carry extra large and heavy bag not to mention the environmental impact your use of the elephant paper notebooks have. Just think about the carbon footprint your leave behind you with the use of so much paper and how many trees have to die to satisfy your 'elephant' paper size needs and uses. I do not see any advantages in sticking to some old habits that in actuality are wastes and nothing else. Yes, traditions are nice and good but they are not so good when they border on excess and waste
Cheers.

Maybe my notebook is big but it's more comfortable.
Using paper is not a waste since trees are renewable. Finland has been the first paper producer but there's no deforestation on that country. The key is to grow trees.

Electronic devices produces a lot of pollution. You can do somme research on that.

We could debate on the carbon footprint of paper or electronic devices but this thread won't suffice.

Very nice, but you use a lot of paper and a lot of electronics too. I at least with some convertible laptop would eliminate paper and a lot of electronic devices also. So, however you count good energy efficient convertible laptops probably would have less carbon print in total than a lot of paper plus a lot of electronic gadgets. How big the difference would be as of today I do not know, but as the power efficiency of laptops gets better and better every year I think convertible laptops with touch screen and stylus could save a lot of trees and energy, your energy too. Just think how much more you have to eat to have the strength to carry around heavy bags with heavy notebooks and all those extra and duplicating themselves electronic devices. Just kidding a little.
Cheers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The lack of handling root functions in hp prime - John P - 12-30-2018 10:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)