HP-32E metallic battery clip missing
01-15-2019, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2019 10:43 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: HP-32E metallic battery clip missing
(01-15-2019 04:51 PM)tuxfish Wrote:  Hi,

the outcome of my test run:

replacement battery pack (same size as original HP-82109A pack)
OR flat-top NiMH AA-cells with "metallic battery clip" work fine. ✔

1.2-volt low self-discharge NiMH rechargeable batteries are too long
& put too much pressure on the electrical pins.

Carsten (still searching for these "metallic battery clips")

There were actually 2 quite different types of Spice series battery holders; the thin flexible sheet metal clip (which I assume you are referring to here) and also a black plastic stiff frame with battery contacts in the far end (opposite the batter contacts). To hold 2 AA cells, one needs to wrap the frame with tape after inserting the cells into the frame.

Just wanted to let you know there are 2 types you can use (both are 'original') which may make it easier to locate one.

Does anyone know which type is older? I'd guess the black plastic was the original style used, eventually replaced with the sheet metal style, or perhaps one is from the USA and the other from the Singapore factories?

Edit to add: Never try to use 'normal' AA cells with button tops as these are too tall and nearly always bend or break off the battery tabs in the battery bay. Look for "flat top" AA cells, or use the pre-made battery packs available from eBay and other sites.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-32E metallic battery clip missing - rprosperi - 01-15-2019 10:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)