NEWS: TI-Nspire CX II CAS
01-17-2019, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2019 10:45 PM by Adriweb.)
RE: NEWS: TI-Nspire CX II CAS
(01-17-2019 02:39 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  As I am not registered to your site this must be the default view.
Yes, looks almost good to me (as in, it's the almost expected look). You can use the little (-) buttons at the corner of blocks to toggle them, it'll be saved for other pages you'll visit.
I see some overlaps and bad widths and minor stuff that I don't have, but yeah, it varies a bit depending on OSes and browsers (for instance, I know some font sizes look weird on Firefox and on Linux)

(01-17-2019 02:39 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  There are half a dozen different fonts
Yeah, same regarding the OS/browser differences (but not as much). For instance, I try to use the nice looking default system fonts on the main content), but at some point it was really a mess and believe it or not it's much better now than years ago Tongue But I could do even more fonts cleanup. I'll try soon, but we'll see...

(01-17-2019 02:39 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  in as many different sizes and even worse, all the colours of the rainbow. Some black on white, some white on grey, and again some "one colour on a different colour" in all possible combinations that fit on one browser page. Then there is a row of big iconised function buttons on the top and lots and lots of minuscule ones under the author's name.
That's quite true (well, especially for the sizes), but is also something made deliberately. Simple: as one may guess, the smaller it is, the less important. I believe the main content's sizes and colors are appropriate and consistent across all the forum etc. I have to say that some of the CSS suboptimal (in)consistencies are due to the fact that the original stuff are 10+ years old, and we underwent some slow transitions on newer frameworks, but old stuff remained and it's not actually that easy to fix as a whole. For instance, I'd love to just use Bootstrap css cleanly everywhere, but meh - not so easy.

(01-17-2019 02:39 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Compare that to HP-Museum website and forum!
Wait, are you talking about the http://www.hpmuseum.org/ home page? Because that has be a good example of a 90s website that didn't change since then and sure as heck looks very bad these days xD Looks like someone forgot to make the CSS and chose random background colors for divs (and I'm not going to talk about the lack of HTTPS, which should be a given these times)! But anyway, that's my opinion Tongue
About the forum, yes, it is clean, but "too much" for me. If we wanted just text, almost no colors nor fancy layouts and stuff, might as well just use email/BBs. But that's probably because I prefer phpBB to MyBB, regarding the layout and such. But anyway, it's also a choice - the forum part here is *just* a forum. On TI-Planet we blend the "content/tools" part and "forum" part together so that users don't have to switch from one context to the other, hence the sidebar and menu bar always present, providing useful shortcuts etc.

(01-17-2019 02:39 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  On the iPad the presentation is almost perfect. Only the posting itself is displayed (without all the frames around) in uniform font and style. Nice to look at and easy to read.
Well sure, but quite a bit of the content is gone too. We want to be able to provide all the content on desktop, not a limited one like on mobile devices - which is why we have sidebars and such there Smile
But again, if you don't want/like them, we made them togglable (the left one also gets hidden automatically if the screen is too small), so in the end everyone should be happy with their choices, we aren't forcing one or the other.

________________________________________________________________________________​_____________
Woops, haven't we gone a bit too much out of topic there Tongue Anyway, I'll see if I can adjust a few little things here and there, but in the meantime let's get back to the calc Tongue

(01-17-2019 02:03 PM)Adriweb Wrote:  But the differences between the different versions over the life span of the nSpire CX (my son had one at school and I only occasionally played with it a little) are not very obvious to the casual user. Nothing like a change from BASIC to Python...
Well, you're talking about software differences, while I mentioned hardware revisions Big Grin
For software updates, we have official (and unofficial, as in, community-based) changelogs. For hardware, only community-based ones (which I find annoying, I've said it multiple times to TI that it would also be very nice to know what got improved etc...)

TI-Planet.org co-administrator
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
NEWS: TI-Nspire CX II CAS - compsystems - 01-17-2019, 12:49 AM
RE: NEWS: TI-Nspire CX II CAS - Adriweb - 01-17-2019, 02:03 PM
RE: NEWS: TI-Nspire CX II CAS - Adriweb - 01-17-2019 05:09 PM
RE: NEWS: TI-Nspire CX II CAS - toml_12953 - 01-18-2019, 02:47 AM
RE: NEWS: TI-Nspire CX II CAS - Adriweb - 01-18-2019, 04:31 AM
RE: NEWS: TI-Nspire CX II CAS - ijabbott - 01-22-2019, 09:46 PM
RE: NEWS: TI-Nspire CX II CAS - toml_12953 - 01-24-2019, 01:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)