A general hello, and apology for my lack of engagement recently.
01-23-2019, 10:41 PM
A general hello, and apology for my lack of engagement recently.
Hello everyone!

Firstly, my apologies for being off the grid for the last year. It has been a very busy year.

My job changed from co-pilot B777 to captain B787. That entailed an aircraft systems course and the captains course. The next 10 months have been settling into the new aircraft and responsibilities with a focus on both those positions.

Coincidentally, my supervisor of my 1987 MSc thesis called me in June with request that we collaborate on two articles, one for the Journal of Botany and a second for the Journal of Quaternary Science. I will be the lead author. This has evolved into a proposal for a PhD in Paleo-Climatology.

So my focus has been on the job with my free time split between work related duties, two peer reviewed articles and family.

Secondly;

I have not forgotten the HP experience and will be getting back to that. Maybe even something for HHC2019, which i will go on record as saying, my probability of attendance is 100%.

Now to my HPMuseum messages:

Hello Dave and Erik as well as Demosthenes! I will respond today.

Best wishes all for 2019

Geoff

P.S. on a lighter note; i have resurrected my HP 41 (CL) and reinstalled my IGCP program for use in the lab this spring. A few HPIL pieces (dot printer, floppy drive and tape drive) will dot the lab ;-). HHC2014 presentation based on my MSc thesis.

https://youtu.be/eyKGfXEBsWQ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A general hello, and apology for my lack of engagement recently. - Geoff Quickfall - 01-23-2019 10:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)