News: Is Android's Google Play store at risk? (Huawei)
05-20-2019, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2019 04:51 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
RE: News: Is Android's Google Play store at risk? (Huawei)
Firstly, I am wholly reliant on Google for all my apps and my Gmail. I am not wholly reliant on Huawei - I have older Android's that in theory might still work, although with only 500 MB free they are unreliable.

Well, apart from the fact that the phones are about half the price and have better cameras, there is the philosophical argument that as far as I can tell, Huawei are doing what they can to keep the phones working.
Google, by contrast, seem to be doing their best to delete Google Play and brick the phone, whether by choice or neccessity. From the perspective of a mobile user, the main difference between that and ransom ware is that one is legal.

And today Huawei - which mobile manufacturer will Google target tomorrow? As you say, there are lots of alternatives... Which all need to be risk-assessed.

As for the security and cost, the phone is primarily for personal use... I'm only a software engineer.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: News: Is Android's Google Play store at risk? (Huawei) - StephenG1CMZ - 05-20-2019 04:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)