Russian RPN calculator series Elektronika MK
06-07-2019, 07:16 AM
RE: Russian RPN calculator series Elektronika MK
(06-04-2019 07:26 PM)Felix Gross Wrote:  As there seems to be considerable interest in Russian calculators, I want to point out the following chapter

Chapter 10
“The Man with a Micro-calculator”: Digital Modernity and Late Soviet Computing Practices

by Ksenia Tatarchenko

in the new book

T. Haigh (ed.), Exploring the Early Digital, History of Computing, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02152-8_10

The article is not focused on technical details but more on the electronics industry in the relevant time period.

Felix

Thanks a lot, Felix, for this very interesting link. It complements nicely the information I found in the book "Electronic Brains" by Mike Hally, Joseph Henry Press, Washington D.C. 2005 (ISBN: 0-309-09630-8). This very readable book tells stories from the dawn of the computer age from around the world including USSR and Australia among others. Recommended for everyone interested in computer history. Unfortunately, I'm not aware if it is available online.

Best regards

Karl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russian RPN calculator series Elektronika MK - Karl-Ludwig Butte - 06-07-2019 07:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)