HP-41CV repair question
06-11-2019, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2019 07:56 PM by Monte Dalrymple.)
HP-41CV repair question
I am embarrassed to ask this, but here goes. I have a nice 41CV (non-working) that I got off of TAS. I would like to convert it to a CL, mainly because the serial number is only different by 35 from my original 41CV (now a CL).

I can't get it to turn on, even after cleaning/swapping everything. I looked at the supply current while pressing different keys and found that the ON key doesn't cause the slight increase in current that I see with other keys. The key action itself is nice, but the ohmmeter says that the resistance when pressed is over 200 ohms. The other keys that I looked at are under 10 ohms when pressed. So, it makes some amount of sense that the machine can't be turned on. But is there anything I can do to fix the key, beside the obvious "remove the heat stakes and replace the dome"? I have never done this and expect that I'll screw it up the first time I try it. I have tried injecting some DeOxit into the hole under the dome but that doesn't seem to have done anything. Or should I stop wasting my time?

I should point out that my current measurement tests were done with a known-good CL board installed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-41CV repair question - Monte Dalrymple - 06-11-2019 07:51 PM
RE: HP-41CV repair question - Ken S - 06-11-2019, 10:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)