User defined touch-button menu (Softkeys)
06-20-2019, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2019 04:49 PM by Gene222.)
RE: User defined touch-button menu (Softkeys)
I also did not like using user defined keys on the Prime. I found that using user tabs is time consuming and difficult. I guessing that you just want to push a key and have the calculator type a function like SIN() into the command line in textbook mode. (I don't know how you would do this in RPN mode) These are some of the work arounds I used for textbook mode.

You can create a "User Defined Function", where you would define a function using the "Define" key. Enter the function name such as "sin_h". Then enter the function, such as "SINH(X)", the hyperbolic sine. Then press OK. The function name must be different than any of the pre-existing functions. That is why I used "sin_h" instead of "sinh". To use the function, you position the cursor on the command line where you want insert "sin_h()". Press the toolbox key. Press the User tab. Scroll down to "User Functions". Tap it or right arrow it. Then tap "sin_h". The calculator will insert "sin_h()" into the command line. Then type in a number inside the parenthesis and your done. There is a lot of navigating to get to the function, but it's better than nothing. Read the manual (in the calculator help) to learn how to edit or delete your user function. It is difficult.

[Image: User-Functions1.png] [9/17/19 Replaced Tinypic image]

If you know how to program the prime, you can create your own program with a lot of user functions that would work like the previous example. An example is shown below.

Code:
MyFunctions()
BEGIN
END;

LOCAL x1;

EXPORT cos_h(x1)
BEGIN
  RETURN COSH(x1);
END;

EXPORT acos_h(x1)
BEGIN
  RETURN ACOSH(x1);
END;

You access these function using the toolbox key and user tab, in this case "MyFunctions" and "cosh_h".

[Image: My-Functions1.png] [9/17/19 Replaced Tinypic image]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: User defined touch-button menu (Softkeys) - Gene222 - 06-20-2019 09:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)