User defined touch-button menu (Softkeys)
06-22-2019, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2019 04:47 PM by Gene222.)
RE: User defined touch-button menu (Softkeys)
(06-21-2019 04:31 PM)Gene222 Wrote:  If you want to save keystrokes, key assignments are probably the best method. Eddie Shore had a one button program that used a choose box to type in a function or program, or something like that, but I can't find that program.

I found Eddie Shore's program. It's in the Prime software library under "User Key: Custom Menu". This program uses a key assignment, but it only uses one key assignment. You can access a function, such as COSH() in two key strokes. A modified version of Eddie Shore's program is below. It work's great in textbook mode. I'm not sure if this needs to be modified to run in RPN mode. [added] The SIN function does not work the same as pressing the SIN key in RPN mode. I don't use RPN on the Prime, so I don't know if this is normal. I think I am doing something wrong in the program.

[Image: User-Tabs1.png] [9/17/19 replaced image]

[9/17/19] Note, the following code is incomplete, because it does not close when pressing the Esc key. See post 12 for the final program code.
PHP Code:
// Function Menu
// This program was based on hpmuseum.org / hp prime software library / User Key: Custom Menu,11/3/17 by Eddie Shore

// This program uses a key assigment, where this program is assigned to the Vars key.
// To access this program, the User mode must be permanently toggled on by pressing
// [Shift] [User] [Shift] [User]
// To toggle off the user mode, press [Shift] [User]
// Run the program by pressing the Vars key in user mode.
// A choose box appears with a list of functions.
// Select a function.
// That function will be typed into the command line.

KEY K_Vars()
BEGIN
  LOCAL ch_num
,ch_items,func_list;

// choose items

ch_items:={"SIN","ASIN","COSH","ACOSH"};

// function list

func_list:={"SIN()","ASIN()","COSH()","ACOSH()"};

CHOOSE(ch_num,"Functions Menu",ch_items);
  RETURN 
func_list(ch_num);
END
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: User defined touch-button menu (Softkeys) - Gene222 - 06-22-2019 04:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)