User defined touch-button menu (Softkeys)
06-26-2019, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2019 06:54 AM by Gene222.)
RE: User defined touch-button menu (Softkeys)
(06-26-2019 05:24 AM)Arch Wrote:  When I press "check" I get "No errors in the program", but if I choose "run" I get an exclamation mark "!". If I try to start the program by typing in the name, I get a "x Error: Syntax Error".

(Build: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)

I get the "X Error: Syntax Error" when my calculator is in RPN Entry mode and the calculator is in CAS mode. I heard that RPN Entry mode does not work in CAS mode.

Try running the program in RPN entry mode in the Home screen. The RPN entry mode key press sequence is 45 [Vars] SIN [Enter], where the command line shows 45SIN() before you press [Enter] as indicated in Stevetuc post.

I know you already know this, but don't run the program from the program catalog. Run the program using the [Vars] key in User mode. Were you able to get the very first version of the program to work on your calculator?

Also try running the program in textbook entry mode in both Home and CAS. The textbook entry mode key press sequence is [Vars] SIN 45 [Enter], where the command line shows SIN(45) before you press [Enter].

It sounds like you did this, but make sure you have deleted all previous copies of the program. If you copied and pasted the program using the connectivity kit you would have had to create a program. Rename the program. And, paste in the program. The program name only appears in the Calculator Window Pane on the connectivity kit or the program catalog on the HP Prime calculator. The program name is not KEY K_Vars(). Maybe you have create a new name of the program you forgot about.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: User defined touch-button menu (Softkeys) - Gene222 - 06-26-2019 06:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)