Voyager Sighting (not the space probe)
08-04-2019, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019 03:00 PM by ijabbott.)
RE: Voyager Sighting (not the space probe)
(08-01-2019 12:45 PM)EdS2 Wrote:  
(07-30-2019 10:34 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Yup! It seems The Big Bang Theory’s science consultant, David Saltzberg is an HP calc user.

Pay close attention to the video between 5:44 until 5:48. You’ll be as surprised as I was.

What a great find! I reached out to David, and with his kind permission I quote his response:

Quote:Wow. That’s a really old clip. It’s from the very beginning of the first season and then I think it never got used because the show shut down for the 2007 writers’ strike. It’s pretty amusing but also creepy to realize everyone scanned my desk. It’s a good thing I didn’t have my passwords posted on a post it note. That was an 11C which sadly doesn’t work any more. I would like to buy another but they are pretty expensive on eBay. I didn’t program it as far as I recall. I did for my old TI-55. But I did use the statistics functions all the time. Thanks for the heads up. Pretty amusing. Best, David.

I'm not sure how much is a reasonable price for an 11C in good working order, but I got one from eBay for £50 (about US$60) recently. So if you have the patience you can pick them up for a good price.

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voyager Sighting (not the space probe) - ijabbott - 08-04-2019 03:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)