MCODE: XKD another bug fixed
09-06-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: MCODE: XKD another bug fixed
(09-06-2019 07:36 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(09-01-2019 08:01 PM)hth Wrote:  The changed keyboard and display trick is really done by the I/O poll vector (and partial key sequence parsing), but unfortunately the HP-41 firmware skips calling the I/O poll vector when it is in the hurry, so the changed behaviour needs page 4 to make it reliable.

That's quite something, I'd've thought the I/O_Standby event was infallible!
Also there's no I/O poll from page 4, so your solution really feels mysterious (as well as fantastic!) to me ;-)

I was also under that impression for many years, and that after studying the code and also trying it out for a while. But the venerable HP-41 managed to prove me wrong here.

After fixing it with the quick page 4 hack, it was stable for 2 years. Unfortunately, the HP-41 I use for this has now managed to become somewhat glitchy recently, even with this hack. I do not know what is going on with it now. I hope it is the Clonix module in some way, but I have not had time to investigate it yet.

Well, if I ever find some spare time I will probably go back to this and a more proper page 4 solution, but it is really a lot of work and there is just too little time at the moment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
MCODE: XKD another bug fixed - hth - 09-01-2019, 03:35 AM
RE: MCODE: XKD another bug fixed - hth - 09-01-2019, 08:01 PM
RE: MCODE: XKD another bug fixed - hth - 09-06-2019 07:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)